Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Level 2-5 Gotta Catch 'Em All!

   I wanted to make a post on Sunday, but didn't get around to it until today, but I've got good news:

Progress: COMPLETE! Time- Pretty close to 6:66 (No kidding!) Hard to tell because you cannot save after the credits.

   It felt great to finish a game, a sense of accomplishment that you can only receive from beating a game with an ending, unlike most MMOs. I had all of the components to complete Auron's celestial weapon so I upgraded that and I decided to make some good armor for the end of the game. Boy, what a time consuming process! I had to catch some arena monsters a'la Pokemon to get the items I wanted for customization. The hardest part was the Light Curtain collection. I had to unlock a dragon called Fafnir and beat him 5 or 6 times. He had 1,100,000 HP! I saved that for last and did some Monster Bribing in Omega Ruins for my Auto-Hastes. I completed my armors late Saturday night and went to sleep; my showdown with Sin was coming to fruition.
   Now, let me say this: FFX's US version makes it waaaaaay too easy to over-level. (You'll find out why in a moment.) On my first playthrough of the game I could not beat Sin before he casted his giga-gravitas (or something like that). After the cutscenes about luring Sin in and getting up on the deck to confront him the battle began. Time to take out his fins! I had Tidus tell Cid to move closer, Yuna casted Regen on herself, and then Wakka freaking destroyed the fin in one hit... Okay, its just phase one I probably did a little extra training. Fin #2 I guarded twice and had Wakka finish that one off. -Cutscene of everyone jumping onto Sin- Repeat battle sequence with Sinspawn. Sin (without his fins) began to fall to the ground (maybe they should have been called wings). He sprouted some ethereal ones and flew up to the top of Bevelle and waited. The main gun was broken on the airship so they decided to fly into Sin's mouth. After wandering around for a while Seymour showed up again. Okay, time for a real battle. He had four big discs surrounding him. They were targetable so I made Wakka use his Overdrive on them. 0 damage... Yuna double casted Ultima- battle over. huh? Seymour does some whining and Yuna finally sends the jerk to the farplane.

   Then it was time to do some more wandering in Sin. As you and I have already determined I was over-leveled from the Omega Ruins, but the same monsters were popping up here and I was still gaining 3 or 4 sphere levels a battle! They must not have calibrated the AP system correctly or assumed you couldn't get the Ultimate weapons before the end. We finally arrived in the middle of Sin and met up with Jecht. The Metal music from the opening starts playing and you think to yourself, This is gonna be awesome. Auron automatically started in Wakka's position, so I made everyone guard until I could switch them. Then I had Tidus yell at his father (I hate you, dad!), Yuna knocked out the Pagodas on either side, the Wakka one-hit him again... He pulled a sword out of his stomach and I had Yuna Flare him to death. What a letdown. Yu Yevon came flying out, Tidus did some crying, and Yuna was presented with the choice of calling out an Aeon. So, she'd summon an Aeon, Yu Yevon would possess it, then I'd kill it, until the final showdown with Yu Yevon. The game put auto-life on everyone (or it thought I was so God-like that I deserved a halo on everyone). Tidus announced to everyone that he'd disappear after the fight (great timing buddy) and threw himself into the fray. I knew what was coming so I made everyone guard once and then Tidus Blitz Aced the God himself. I figured it was "his story" after all. Back on the airship, Yuna sent Sin, Auron, and all of the fiends and pyreflies to the farplane. Yuna told Tidus she loved him and leaped through him as if he was a ghost. After an insubstantial hug Tidus jumped off the ship. (What is with this kid and jumping off flying airships? I would have spent as much time as possible with everyone.) Yuna gives a speech in Luca as everyone celebrates the permanent death of Sin and after the credits Tidus awakens underwater and swims towards the surface. (See if he didn't jump off the ship he wouldn't have to swim.) Note: I also one-hit Omega weapon after the game ended. Seriously, Fafnir had one million health and Omega didn't have one-hundred thousand?
   The game was awesome. It had everything I love in a Final Fantasy game. The ending was boring because I over-did it in my zealousness. But, I feel good. This is the first step towards my goal. I'm making my loving fiance' order FFX-2 for Yule so I can continue the adventure. Until then I get to go through my games and pick out the next victim, er... subject.

Final Fantasy X- The End

Confession #6- I used to get blisters on my palms from Mario Party games.

No comments:

Post a Comment