Thursday, November 4, 2010

Level 2-2 Blitzball in Your Face!

Blitzball- Everything else is just a game.
Progress: 35 hours, yesterday's should have been 28. I played last night after Southpark ended and I played a lot today. It rained all day, so there wasn't much else to do.
   I think I have reached the halfway point. You wanna know how you can tell in a Final Fantasy game? The answer is this: When you have rapid-fire boss fights, save points every five feet, and 20 minute long cut scenes- then you're halfway there. At least that is what the standard seems to be. (Another big clue is when you get the Airship)
   Right before I fought Seymour for the second time I did some grinding with my team; Tidus, Wakka, and Yuna. Some walkthroughs suggested that you be twice as strong as I was. The battle went as follows: Grand Summon Bahamut, over 15k in damage, then Seymour Banishes him, mugged him a couple times, then Slice and Diced him to death. Very anti-climactic. Wakka is still on his side of the grid and was doing crazy amounts of damage. Nothing like a spiky ball hurtled repeatedly into the face of your opponent!

   Confession #3: I always read the instruction manuals. My brother never even cracks open the thing. Maybe he assumed I'd tell him how the controls worked. (I usually did.) The only exception being "Harvest Moon" for PS1. He used that thing like a bible, for the calendars and profit margins. This reminds me of his get rich quick schemes. In a lot of the games he played, Michael (my brother), would always try to make the most money he could. He rarely ever used the internet FAQ's. The enjoyment for him was coming up with it on his own. Like planting 200 cucumbers because they had the greatest ratio of profit to growing time in "Harvest Moon." Or in "Rings of Power" you could rent a boat, sail north to a town you're not supposed to visit yet, buy a bunch of materials, bring them back to town, sell for a bundle, and repeat. I didn't really frown on this one because once the Black Knight (he's really black) joins your party he eats all your food like its made of fried chicken and waffles. (No offense intended.) During a session of "Morrowind" I believe he put a rubber-band ball on the spacebar and left it for most a day to raise his jumping skill. Not really sure if that is bad for the computer or not, but it worked. I was a bit more of a purist and played the games like they were intended. It was extremely fun to watch him and help him plan these things out though.
   That's it for today. Only a couple of people have looked at my blog so far. That's to be expected, but thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. You can't do anything automated in Morrowind to grind except after you install the update patch, you can increase your Athletic skills with the auto-forward feature by pressing Q. It's seventeen times more effective to swim, and the skill still increases if you get your character swimming into a dock post like when you get out of the first building. You have to manually power game everything else. Speaking of which, I just picked back up Morrowind from the house and have over 250k gold. Why? To power game more. For me, it's really just this sick obsession I have with breaking games, getting over powered, and beating it using only the in game methods without cheats or guides. Finding my own way to do these things gives me a nerdgasm, and I have no clue why. It's just something I've always, always done. You forgot Legend of Mana. I clocked over 999:99 hours in the game over the ten years I played it. That was just one file, too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I didn't know about the Legend of Mana playtime. Such an awesome game. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete